Monday, December 8, 2008

My battle with a immune disorder that led to anorexia for over 2 yrs

I had chronic fatigue and dropped from 117lbs to 99 lbs in 2 months. I was trying to take care of my baby and could barely do for myself because of how weak I was.. I stopped going to the doctors it did not seem to help me at all. I got tired of the medicines. The last thing I got diagnosed with was candida which made me even fear eating more than what I did, over the pain. I drank water but started to even lose my thirst so I got hospitalized twice. The last time I was hospitalized they told my mom that I was critical. The doctor could not even draw blood from me when I went in. I remember my mom wanting to bring meto the ER the next day. The doctor she took me to said I would not make it to the next day. I was 99 lbs..The doctor told her that I was starving myself, she thought I was anorexic but I never made myself purge. I would never put my life in danger like that on purpose. I am married with a beautiful baby girl and I love my family. I was quitting on myself tho, I was so tired . I was in the hospital for 4 days.. they gave me 8 bags of plasma. I remember calling my mom a earlier that week before she took me. I could barely move I was in so much pain all over and extremly weak. I knew I had a baby to take care of.. so I told my mom I do not know what is going on but I need you to pray for me because I could barely move over the pain.. I had no idea that my body was shutting down on me, it was dieing.. I remember telling God many times.. I know you have a plan for my life but I do not know what is going on with me or why?? It is hard to cling to hope when it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel because of how you are feeling ... physically, mentally and emotionally.. I could not even believe that my husband was still standing at my side and telling me he loved me and that I was beautiful. To me, I looked disgusting, like something out of a horror movie.. I felt soooo ugly I was just fading away that is how I saw myself.. My eating disorder stemmed out of a fear of the disease they said I had and what it could do to me.. All I can say is when my mom told me about this other doctor and how good and therough she was I felt something touch my heart like a calm in the storm or something it is hard to discribe but I believed that this time would be different. It was she did not just look at me and say this is what you have. Here is a perscription and send me on my way.. I know through that lady God made a way for me to be here and alive today.. The last day I was in the hospital they did a biopsy on my breast to see if it was breast cancer and it came out fine. I remember gettin up early that day, standing in front of my room window looking out in the sky and singing to the Lord... I heard him so clearly tell me greater is he who is in you ( meaning Jesus in my heart) than he who is in the world ( meaning the devil that had control over my mind).. He said, satan has lost his hold YOU HAVE THE VICTORY...IT IS OVER.. I just heard it over and over again and starting crying. I knew this was the end of the road and of the battle that I been having over 2 and a half years. I could not see that the devil had such a stronghold over my mind over the fear I got of eating.. That fear opened the door for an eating disorder that I could not see that I had, but I did..I know how the devil can have you think things that are not true, he almost took my life over it.. But God has the last word.. Sometimes we do not know the reasons things happen the way they happen but I take this experience as an understanding into the lives of precious girls and women who struggle with eating disorders.. Today I am ALIVE AND FREE to be here for others that are struggling with these problems.. My hearts desire is to be here for others even if they just need to talk.. A lot of times friends and family give up but God never gives up on us because he loves us so much..

No comments:

Post a Comment